I thought I'd put together a help page for how we do formatting on this wiki. Below you'll find tips and suggestions for how to write new articles, or reformat existing ones. OmgHAX! 21:04, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
PROTIPS OF MAXIMUM PWNAGEEdit
- Where applicable, add a quote in Italics at the top of the page.
- Use Boldface on the name of the article in the beginning paragraph. You only need to do this once. This is mostly a stylistic choice, but one that reinforces the encyclopedic style we're going for.
- If possible, link back to the particular episode a joke/reference comes from. Believe me, it's funnier if the reader can see the joke in action for themselves in the context of the show.
- Names of games or shows are in Italics, not quotes. This is another stylistic choice that makes the article easier to read.
- Include as many pictures as you can find, especially for the placeholder in the top-right corner. We do allow fanart on this wiki, though screencaps work too.
- Add as many categories and links as you can! It's how we navigate around wikis; people can't find articles if they're not connected to something.
- If the article is closely related to other articles, but doesn't fall to a particular category, add a See Also section. For example, Gaming Dick, First Try!, and Death Count are all in the same Jokes category, but are also more related to each other than other jokes. So we use a See Also section to connect them. EDIT: I might consider just adding subcategories instead, but I'll look into it first.